Apply for Retail Project of the Year
This award recognises excellence in the construction of a retail project on the island of Ireland that has been completed or on-going within the past 12 months. This may include shops or any form of retail developments, where the primary purpose is direct to customer services. Retail covers all type of shopping facility from stand-alone individual shop units to large shopping malls and supermarkets. Bank premises and similar high street outlets are also classified as retail, as are petrol forecourts.
This category is not open to fit out or refurbishment projects unless as part of an overall construction project.
Entry is by a 5 A4 page submission; the judges will be looking for clear information backed up by facts that pays particular attention to the criteria listed below.
- Project outline: Please provide a brief description of the project including the brief, contract value, square footage and the dates of commencement and completion.
- Project team: Please include a full list of the team that were involved in the project, i.e. client, designers, architects, engineers, project managers, contractors, key suppliers, etc.
- Planning and strategy: Why was this project commissioned? What strategy was undertaken to achieve the project’s aims and objectives? Was the project delivered on time and within budget?
- Project Excellence: Explain why you feel this project deserves special recognition for this award, highlighting any innovations introduced.
- Health & Safety: Outline the Health and Safety initiatives in place during the course of the project.
- Sustainability: Describe, if any, the steps taken to improve energy efficiency, increase use of renewables and/or reduce emissions (direct and indirect) during construction and for the future use of the building(s).
- Please include any other statements or facts that support your entry, including client testimonials where possible.